Drinking almond milk is a fantastic alternative to cows milk. It’s very easy to make your own, but if you have to buy it from the store, it’s still better than using cows milk (just be to sure to get unsweetened to avoid the added sugar). I usually go through 1 liter of almond milk every 3 days. It only takes a few minutes to make almond milk (not including soak time). You can use almond milk almost anywhere that you use cows milk. I use it mostly in my smoothies. Below I’ve included a video on how to make almond milk.
Basic Almond Milk
Directions *Use 4 parts water to 1 part almonds
- Soak 1 cup almonds overnight (8-12hrs)
- Rinse almonds thoroughly
- Place almonds in blender
- Pour 4 cups of water in blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour through nut sack or sieve to strain out pulp
- Pour into container to store in fridge or into ice cube trays to freeze
- Enjoy! The milk will last 3-4 days in the fridge or up to a couple weeks in the freezer
I’ve also attached a video below showing all the steps.